Chief Risk Officer
Bulgarian Development Bank (BDB) is a credit institution 100%-owned by the Bulgarian state. Established in 1999 with main focus to support small and medium-sized enterprises, BDB is among the top four Bulgarian banks in terms of credit rating, rated “BBB” with a stable outlook by Fitch Ratings. It is the only Bulgarian bank that in addition to direct financing, provides resources through other credit institutions.
Currently we are looking for a seasoned professional for the position of Chief Risk Officer.
- Manages and communicates all risk policies and processes within the organization
- Participates in the development of the risk management strategy, in all decisions related to the management of significant risks and prepares a complete overview of the risks to which the bank is exposed or may be exposed
- Prepares recommendations for risk management to the Supervisory board, Management board and ALCO committee, supports the activities of the Risk Management committee
- Actively participates in the identification and assessment of all business risks (credit, liquidity, interest rate, market, counterparty and operational risks) and reports accordingly
- Responsible for the process of managing the early warning signals for deterioration of credit exposures in order to timely identify deviations in customer behavior and implement adequate measures to limit risks
- Responsible for the regular monitoring of the loan portfolio and fulfillment of negotiated covenants with third party funds contributors
- University degree in Finance, Economics or Business Administration. Professional certification in CFA / FRM / PRM is a strong advantage
- At least 5 years of experience in a similar position in financial institutions environment
- In-depth knowledge of the characteristics of financial instruments and financial markets, asset valuation models, portfolio valuations and risk assessment models. Very good knowledge of current national and international regulations related to the management of bank assets, liabilities and all risks associated with them
- Knowledge of the European banking regulatory framework in risk assessment, respective regalements and EBA guidelines
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
What we offer:
- The opportunity to learn and grow with us
- Be part of something bigger than a typical commercial bank, namely the Bulgarian Development bank group which offers the widest financial products portfolio
- To develop relationships and solutions with clients served exclusively by the Bulgarian development bank group
- Collaborative environment both in terms of senior management and peer professionals
If you are interested in this position and wish to apply, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
Confidentiality is guaranteed and the personal data provided will be stored and processed in accordance with legal requirements. Your personal data will be used only for the purposes of selection and will be stored for 6 months after the end of the competition.