Manager, Infrastructure and System Software Department
Bulgarian Development Bank (BDB) is a credit institution 100%-owned by the Bulgarian state. Established in 1999 with main focus to support small and medium-sized enterprises, BDB is among the top four Bulgarian banks in terms of credit rating, rated “BBB” with a stable outlook by Fitch Ratings. It is the only Bulgarian bank that in addition to direct financing, provides resources through other credit institutions.
Currently we are looking for an experienced professional for the position of Manager for our Infrastructure and System Software Department.
Your key responsibilities:
- Manages, organizes and controls the work of the employees of the Infrastructure and System Software Department. Responsible for the results of the overall activity of the department.
- Responsible for the availability and operability of all hardware systems and databases in the Bank.
- Monitors, controls and maintains the normal operation of the hardware and system elements in the IT infrastructure of the Bank: installs and maintains operating systems and system software on servers, workstations and network devices.
- Supports anti-virus and anti-spam protection systems; maintains the current status of users with the appropriate access rights to directory services and the mail server.
- Supports and is responsible for the maintenance of databases under SQL Server.
- Maintains up-to-date versions (upgrade, update) of system (Windows 7, 8,10) and application (MS Office 2016, Adobe products, Browsers, AV, Remote administration, VPN) software and peripherals.
- Supports and is responsible for the maintenance the VoIP Telephone Resources and Services, E-mail and Google Apps, Active Directory, File Server.
- Responsible for maintenance and normal operation of the local network.
- Participates in the selection, testing and implementation of new system solutions in the field of IT.
- Performs analysis of anomalies and takes action to normalize the operation of hardware products and the local network as a whole.
- Prepares and maintains up-to-date documentation of the information systems and communication equipment in the Bank.
- Participates in the preparation and implementation of the procedures for archiving and restoration of the information systems in the Bank.
- Participates in the development of Internal Rules of the Bank related to the activities of the department and information technologies.
- Participates in the preparation of procedures and recovery plan in case of accident or disaster.
- Organizes and provides methodological assistance to all employees of the structural units of the Bank on issues related to work with technical infrastructure and system software used in the Bank.
- Higher education (information technology, technical, mathematics)
- At least 4 years of professional experience in the field of information technology
- In-depth knowledge of data administration and management processes
- Strong analytical thinking with excellent problem-solving skills
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Good understanding of modern databases and information systems technologies
- Proficiency in English
- Experience in leading people and teamwork skills
We offer in return:
- The opportunity to learn and grow with us
- Be part of something bigger than a typical commercial bank, namely the Bulgarian Development bank group which offers the widest financial products portfolio
- To develop relationships and solutions with clients served exclusively by the Bulgarian development bank group
- Collaborative environment both in terms of senior management and peer professionals
If you think you’re the right fit for us, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
Confidentiality is guaranteed and the personal data provided will be stored and processed in accordance with legal requirements. Your personal data will be used only for the purposes of selection and will be stored for 6 months after the end of the competition.