Senior Expert Risk Models and Monitoring
Bulgarian Development Bank (BDB) is a credit institution 100%-owned by the Bulgarian state. Established in 1999 with main focus to support small and medium-sized enterprises, BDB is among the top four Bulgarian banks in terms of credit rating, rated “BBB” with a stable outlook by Fitch Ratings. It is the only Bulgarian bank that in addition to direct financing, provides resources through other credit institutions.
Currently we are looking for a seasoned professional for the position of Chief Expert Risk Models and Monitoring.
- Develop, implement, and maintain risk control methodologies;
- Develop and maintain statistical models for risk analysis and measurement;
- Provide analytical support for model developments, back-testing and validation;
- Regular monitoring and reporting of the key risk indicators, incl. rating models (PD), LGD, vintage analysis, stress-tests, etc.;
- Ensure preparation of periodic reporting to the governance bodies as well as external parties as auditors, regulators, partner institutions and rating agencies;
- Support risk teams on implementation, valuation, risk management and control topics;
- Provide methodological input in new business initiatives.
Qualifications and skills:
- University degree, preferably in statistics, or any quantitative field, professional certificates (CFA, FRM, etc.) are an advantage;
- At least 2 years in the same or a similar position;
- Knowledge of financial instruments and financial markets, knowledge and understanding of asset valuation models, portfolio valuation models and risk assessment models;
- Knowledge of banking regulations;
- Working experience in business analysis or statistical analysis building empirical models;
- Excellent analytical skills, business-minded approach;
- High attention to detail in both numerical analysis and written work;
- A proactive and reliable team player;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work autonomously and take initiative with minimal supervision;
- Passion for data and complex problem solving.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to learn and grow with us;
- Be part of something bigger than a typical commercial bank, namely the Bulgarian Development bank group which offers the widest financial products portfolio;
- Competitive total rewards package;
- Collaborative environment both in terms of senior management and peer professionals.
If you are interested in this position and wish to apply, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Confidentiality is guaranteed and the personal data provided will be stored and processed in accordance with legal requirements. Your personal data will be used only for the purposes of selection and will be stored for 6 months after the end of the competition.