Senior Workout Officer, Corporate Banking Division
Bulgarian Development Bank (BDB) is a credit institution 100%-owned by the Bulgarian state. Established in 1999 with main focus to support small and medium-sized enterprises, BDB is among the top four Bulgarian banks in terms of credit rating, rated “BBB” with a stable outlook by Fitch Ratings. It is the only Bulgarian bank that in addition to direct financing, provides resources through other credit institutions.
Currently we are looking for an experienced professional for the position of Senior Workout Officer for our Corporate Banking division.
Your key responsibilities:
- Analyzes all risks (financial, collateral, structural and legal) of the bank’s higher risk loans to structure a workout solution that maximizes collection from these troubled borrowers in the most expeditious manner possible. Makes recommendations or approves under delegated authorities to retain, manage the borrower out of the Bank or liquidate the collateral (voluntarily by borrower or through foreclosure/repossession).
- Negotiates with borrower to structure the workout to provide the best possible result to the Bank by exercising sound credit and risk judgment in approving transactions/restructures.
- Monitors the borrower’s workout plan and account activities to insure timely repayment and to maximize collection; addressing problems as they occur to avoid unnecessary delays or future collection issues.
- Evaluates collateral, loan documentation, and financial information to determine borrower’s ability to repay and deficiencies in documentation or collateral. Develops repayment, collateral and documentation plan accordingly.
- Interacts with customers, other bank departments – Risk, Legal and Problem loans, and third parties if applicable to manage and report the risks of assigned loans.
- Maintains a current understanding of Bank guidelines, procedures, policies and compliance issues. Maintains a knowledge of regulatory requirements for documentation and regulations relating to corporate lending.
- University degree in Finance, Business Administration or Accounting
- At least 5 years of experience in Workout Unit, Corporate banking or comparable positions preferred
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and underwrite the most complex commercial credits in the Bank with minimal guidance or oversight. Subject matter expert across a broad range of credit topics including financial statements and cash flow analysis, legal concepts pertaining to workouts, collateral analysis. Track record of appropriately utilizing credit approval authority to make sound workout recommendations on complex corporate credits in line with the Bank’s credit culture, policies and procedures.
- Good knowledge of Bank rules, regulations and accounting (especially those factors that impact the Bank’s income statement and balance sheet such as grades, accrual/nonaccrual and impairment).
- Must have the ability to train, mentor and supervise junior workout personnel. Expert user of Bank systems, software, and third-party vendor platforms. Possess leadership abilities in a team
- Understanding of secured and unsecured lending practices, documentation and legal requirements.
- Analytical and accounting skills to include the ability to analyze business financial statements of many industries.
- Ability to understand and analyze real estate appraisals, especially difference in valuation methodologies that derive final values.
- Good written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness and ability to negotiate with troubled borrowers.
- Good understanding of Bank products and services.
- Self-starter, good time management skills.
- Good command of English.
We offer in return:
- The opportunity to learn and grow with us
- Be part of something bigger than a typical commercial bank, namely the Bulgarian Development bank group which offers the widest financial products portfolio
- To develop relationships and solutions with clients served exclusively by the Bulgarian development bank group
- Collaborative environment both in terms of senior management and peer professionals
If you think you’re the right fit for us, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Confidentiality is guaranteed and the personal data provided will be stored and processed in accordance with legal requirements. Your personal data will be used only for the purposes of selection and will be stored for 6 months after the end of the competition.