Reporting Senior Expert
The Bulgarian Development Bank (BDB) is a state-owned credit institution that was founded in 1999. With a primary focus on supporting small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), BDB plays a vital role in the Bulgarian banking sector. BDB is among the top four Bulgarian banks in terms of credit rating, rated “BBB” with a stable outlook by Fitch Ratings. It is the only Bulgarian bank that in addition to direct financing, provides SME lending through other financial institutions.
Currently we are looking for a seasoned professional for the position of Reporting Senior Expert.
Reporting to the Department Head, the Senior Expert is expected to:
- Take ownership of certain periodic financial reporting processes or parts thereof such as:
- Monthly and quarterly management reports and consolidation
- Annual statutory IFRS reports and consolidation
- Reporting under IPSAS
- Support the finance department in its leading role in:
- Bank transformation projects
- Introduction of new financial and management processes
- Liaison with external stakeholders with respect to acquiring funding, disbursing financing and ensuring correct and timely reporting
- Regular and ad hoc communication with the Bulgarian National Bank and EU regulatory bodies
- Support department heads and senior management with interaction, communication and information flows with:
- statutory audit teams and audit processes
- regulatory audit teams and audit processes
- other audits and compliance checks
- internal and external business and portfolio reviews and valuation processes
Qualifications and expertise:
- University degree in Mathematics, Economics, qualifications, such as ACCA/ACA/CPA/CIA/CIMA/CISA or similar/equivalent
- At least 2 years of relevant professional experience
- The ideal candidate is expected to have a demonstrated past experience in one or more of the following:
- Owning or managing financial reporting processes in a financial institution
- Auditing the financial statements of a bank or major non-bank financial institution
- Managing interdisciplinary cross-department projects in an institutional setting and a regulated environment
- Knowledge of key banking sector regulatory developments and processes and participation/leadership in implementation of regulatory requirements in internal rules and processes
- Knowledge of EU funding and donor programs and the possibility for a promotional institution to take advantage of funding and/or advisory support from the EU or other supranational institutions.
- Experience in the audit department of a Big 4 audit firm would be a distinct advantage
- Experience with specialized banking software and/or SQL programming would be an advantage
- Excellent knowledge of the MS Office suite is essential requirement
- Proficiency in English
- Ability to independently perform the tasks assigned
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
We offer in return:
- Competitive remuneration and benefits package
- Office with a central location
- The opportunity to learn and grow with us
- Be part of something bigger than a typical commercial bank, namely the Bulgarian Development Bank group which offers the widest financial products portfolio
- Collaborative environment both in terms of senior management and peer professionals
If you are interested in this position and wish to apply, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Confidentiality is guaranteed and the personal data provided will be stored and processed in accordance with legal requirements. Your personal data will be used only for the purposes of selection and will be stored for 6 months after the end of the competition.